Search This Blog and Bert Postings

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Zero Dark Thirty (2012) rating: 7/10

The beginning of this film was difficult to watch, and in fact I didn't. I skipped it. From there it gets more interesting. We follow the young female CIA agent who kept after the trail. Her instincts are mostly spot on and she has the confidence to follow them. And shows even more confidence to keep after the path when everyone else express doubts. And of course we know how this all ends, but seeing it executed is riveting.

A couple negatives aside from torture: (1) too many seconds of darkness in the early part of the actual mission starting from the stealth helicopters.  I could see including some few seconds of this, but I think it went on too long. (2) too many times, calling out the name of the person to kill them. I wonder that this trick won't work again after every terrorist in the world has seen this movie. I thought it unrealistic that it worked every time. On the other hand, perhaps it is true that it does work. If so, did they give away a useful tactic?

No comments: