Search This Blog and Bert Postings

Sunday, October 28, 2007

I'm the one that I want by Margaret Cho

The first 2/3 of this is pretty funny. She does a couple voices pretty well. Her mother's Korean accent seems spot on. And the generic dumb high school slacker voice is funny. She talks about how she's a fag hag. But that whoever a gay guy takes to the prom is instantly a fag hag also. I guess that's news to my date.

The second half is about some hardships after her brush with television fame. It's incredible how drugged out or drunk Margaret Cho had gone through life during that time. But this part is told with truthfulness, and I think the reader (or listener) could learn something from her experience. I.e. maybe it's wise to avoid that sort of downfall into drugs and alcohol. Anyway, it certainly seems the cause of a lot of unhappiness in her life.

No comments: