Search This Blog and Bert Postings

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Making Sense of People by Samuel Barondes, rating: 9/10

The subtitle is Decoding the Mysteries of Personality.  It is actually a fairly technical modern psychology book, but puts it all in layman's terms.  It talks about some ten of the troublesome personality patterns, including types like: histrionic, dependent or compulsive.  These were terms I'd heard about before, but never until now got a full understanding of.  The book isn't very long, a significant plus.

And now for a surprise...


After reading the book, I think I fall into one of the 'troublesome' categories.  I had in fact read an article in the New York Times about someone who had a more extreme form of that personality pattern and didn't really see myself as anywhere close to that person.  But in the book, the general description fits me pretty well...

No comments: