Search This Blog and Bert Postings

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Splash, NYC

The truly awful DJs refuse to play a danceable set in this NYC gay danceclub. Perhaps they just want you to head to the bar for more drinks, where, as expected, the drinks are outrageously priced. I guess rent must be steep for such a huge place, including the sprawling basement of about equal size to the main level. A couple cool things about this place: (1) the bartenders are incredibly well built, attractive and wear very little, and (2) the downstairs mens' urinal stalls are, um, unique. On the dance floor, getting rubbed up against in private areas without prior consent was astonishing -- those NY guys are fearless.

It's sad that I couldn't find a good gay bar in the few days I was in NYC. It could be that I couldn't stay up late enough. I'm not so young anymore. Recommendations for next time? Anyone?

No comments: