Search This Blog and Bert Postings

Monday, August 20, 2012

Mirror, Mirror (2012) rating: 7/10

Another movie by Tarsem Singh who also directed Immortals and The Fall.  The story is better written in this case, and there are lots of moments of hilarity as well as his usual serving of male skin.  Armie Hammer mostly fits that bill playing the handsome prince who gets robbed of most of his clothing as he enters the evil queen's kingdom.

Mostly lightweight and sometimes self-aware, the film is easily watchable.

1 comment:

SelinaB said...

Excellent! Thanks for the go ahead on Mirror Mirror because I couldn’t decide if I wanted to watch this. One of my co-workers at Dish recommended I watch this because the late Eiko Ishioka designed all of the dresses and costumes. I do adore all of her work, but sometimes there needs to be more to a movie for me to watch it. I’ve gone ahead and added it to my Blockbuster @Home queue, and since they send me my movies so quickly I’m sure I’ll have it for tomorrow night’s movie night. Thanks again!