Search This Blog and Bert Postings

Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Dark Knight Rises (2012) Rating 9/10

I usually don't see movies in the theaters except blockbusters. In this case, I had pre-ordered tickets before bad things happened on opening night in Colorado here in the US.  Because they were pre-ordered, I ended up going despite some apprehension about security.  Probably I wouldn't have gone on the first weekend otherwise.

It turned out to be a very good movie, exceeding my expectations, which admittedly had lowered somewhat after reviews stating it fell significantly short of the 2nd movie in the series.  Some thought has gone into the plot which is quite involving, and while not flawless, holds together reasonably well.  I've read criticism of the villain that he is not as well formed as in other Batman films.  While that may be true, it doesn't detract greatly from the film, I don't think.

Seeing the film in IMAX is a wonder. Projection and sound are very good.  Crucially the sound didn't seem overbearing.  The many action scenes are mesmerizing and even the dramatic scenes are well acted and shot and some quite moving in fact.

And I did like the attractive Joseph Gordon-Levitt quite a lot here playing the cop who seems to find out/know more than he should.

No comments: